Friday, March 28, 2008

Back to School

The new quarter started on Tuesday, and today is the beginning of the first weekend. Unlike last quarter, every weekend is a two-day weekend, which is good and bad. Good, because I can spend more time revising and consolidating work rather than just finishing of homework that addresses new concepts. Bad because I am away from speaking Arabic for 2 days – you would not believe how bad that is for your spoken skills, trust me I didn’t either.

So my first class, skills, is at 8am. My teacher masha’allah is great. He’s funny, patient and easy going enough for you to feel able to be yourself in class. I really like the way he is conducting the class to, I’m finding it quite beneficial and we’ve only had two days.

My second class, sciences/grammar, is not until 1pm. Quite a gap! At least it enables me to get my skills homework done in the break between them. While we haven’t actually started any new material yet in this class, I know that the teacher and his methods are great, because my flatmate had him last term and learned so much masha’allah. Really learned it, not superficially. Al-hamdoulillah.

So those are my classes. Most of my day is now spent at school which is good when things get done, not so good when all the sisters are around to socialize with!


I’ll post my holiday stuff soon insha’allah – photos aren’t uploaded yet.


Ma’a salama



FYI: Incase you don’t notice, my entry on the trip to Aqaba is below.

No comments: