Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Goodbyes begin early

One of my flatties left for paki-land yesterday. She’s off to visit her parents and in-laws. I missed her within three hours of her leaving (there was no one to empty the grotty water from the bucket I used to mop the floor on the vacant lot next door. It’s got scummy stuff floating on the top and it smells soo bad I gag when I walk by it. So it remains in the doorway to the kitchen). Anyway, a couple of the girls visited to say good bye to me in the evening, which was nice. We mucked around for a bit, ate junkfood and sang old Disney songs (gotta love the Lion King) until we were exhausted.

So now it’s just me and one flattie. We both suffer from extreme irrational fears so we’re sleeping with all the lights on in the apartment tonight – let’s see how it works out.

Anyway, early morning tomorrow. Finished most of the packing three days ago, just need to add a couple more things and I’m done.

I don’t miss Jordan. I miss my sisters.

Ma’a salama – be seeing y’all sooner than you know it insha’allah.

Love.

No comments: