Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Still Alive

Yes, I am still alive. Nothing much of interest has occurred of late. Just study, study and more study.. Oh and the development of an obsession with Sugar Daddies! *yum* It is probably the only place in Jordan where you can buy real cupcakes! I may have to blow the weekly food budget just to have one, but damn it, its worth it!

Sat my first exam of the quarter almost a month ago now and I did ok - the second exam of the quarter is on Saturday (du'as please).

Today was an interesting day. I started off with tajweed - where I convieniently learnt how to curse more accurately (in arabic of course) - and read more pages in one lesson than I have ever read before, which was very exciting and motivating. Al-hamdoulillah I'm almost finished Juz Amma - quite an achievement if you had heard me attempt to read less than a month ago subhan'allah. After tajweed (cleaning the house, getting worked up at the slowness of our internet, pretending to do homework) the girls went out to lunch with on of the teachers - she's hilarious, she's finally realised my arabic is NOT good enough to have a conversation lol, but masha'allah she is very patient. Lunch was ok, not great, blew the budget, still feeling ill... I really need to stop overeating.

Other than that the remainder of the day has thus far consisted of homework and note writing, all I really want to do is sleep and its only 8PM! Daylight saving changes are killing my time. Insha'allah we're planning a trip to the Occupied Territories for the next Eid break instead of a re-run of Wadi Mujib. I'm sooo excited!

In the short-term though, I'm more excited about my chai and watching Summer Heights High (yes I have spent the last 40 hours downloading lol - I told you, ridiculously slow internet)...

So life is as it was. Insha'allah all are well. I'm missing clean air, open spaces, parks, trees, any form of greenery really, and the sea.

Much Love and Ma'a Salama.

No comments: