Sunday, January 20, 2008

Drought... and speaking to soon...

Sat my exam – 13 pages! Subhan’allah! I think I did ok. I left a few questions blank. Had a nice celebratory meal at a Yemini restaurant where we worked out our Arabic much to the delight of the waiter (he had a laugh). We walked home through the mall later and it was packed out. Hardly anything is open at 11am on any given day, but at 8pm on a Saturday night everything is open and there are people everywhere – all dressed up – looks quite odd. At least we found ourselves a skipping rope. Al-hamdoulillah.

Went shopping after the exam to try and find a replacement abaya for my black-melted one. No such luck – everything here is so over-the-top decorated it’s scary… There was one nice black one that was like 50JD (so overpriced) but that was about it. So one of the girls and I have decided to just buy fabric and get them made – easier, cheaper. Also got a jacket finally, no more freezing… and a couple more jumpers.

Anyway, so like I was saying this morning about everyone running out of water and us not having any problems… I spoke to soon. Just before we left for class the taps went dry, and we just got home (8:30pm) and still no water… Very very concerned… Have tried calling all the housing contacts and no one is answering, so I guess we’ll just have to wait… Let’s all just pray it’s a building problem and not that the council forgot to deliver to us, because that could take more than a week to be fixed.

I’m off to have chai and chocolate, and then I may sleep because I’m so buggered.

Ma’a salama.

No comments: