Saturday, February 9, 2008

Not much to share...

Salam all.

Made it back to AbdAli for fruit and veg today, al-hamdouillah no dramas (possibly curtesy of the niqab?). Tried to do a bit of study but not been to successful. There is exactly one week until our second set of mid-terms. I did my oral exam the other day and was praised with "ah'santi"! My first ever in class - I should explain, it's like the highest level of praise given in our classes and rare to get so I was happy al-hamdoulillah... My presentation was 11mins long! Subhan'allah! And yes Miss T, you featured, my whole class know all about you now lol.

There was obviously a wedding in the Hay today, because there have been about 15 cars doing happy laps since 11am tooting like maniacs... Still haven't stopped. Apparently to celebrate a wedding here you need to constantly fire weapons into the air (has been going on intermittantly since lunch, still hasn't stopped)... I didn't want to go out once that started... As they say "what goes up must come down"... It's a strange way to celebrate anything when you think about it...

So at the moment I'm hungry - its dinner time - supposed to be having Paki-food again *yum* I think I need to befriend some Jordanian women so I can convince them to cook for me...

The snow sill has not melted, everywhere you walk there are large clumps of blackened ice - looks like styrofoam. I've fallen over so many times on the ice in the mornings... Such a dag.

My brother is off on a long holiday before uni goes back and Dad is travelling to atm so I'd appreciate if you could add their safe return to your du'a insha'allah... And as usual I'll ask for you to remember me in your du'a. :)

Anyway, off to study and cook - so much vocab to finish off insha'allah.

For those who keep asking for my return date, I'm ot actually sure when it will be, but my best guess is late June/mid-July...

Missing everyone.

Ma'a salama.

No comments: