Monday, February 18, 2008

Update.

Salam all,

Again it’s been awhile – apologies, but there isn’t really that much to tell. We had our exam yesterday, which was a giant ball of madness wrapped in insanity. 4 HOURS! That’s how long it took me to finish. I forgot the most basic stuff (verb conjugations – I kept mixing past and present tense) which really bugged me because I had it down, I just could not remember them properly for the life of me… But other than that I think it went ok, not great, ok. Definitely not HD material…

So now that the exam is over and I have some time to relax (yeah right) we are supposed to be expecting heavy snow again tomorrow night, at least that’s what the teacher’s are reporting… *joy* I’ve checked online weather reports and there is no mention of snow, just rain – and I’m not feeling it in the taps yet, maybe in the morning… We’ll see.

The sky was so clear tonight masha’allah. Walking back from a gathering this evening all the stars were out, there was a hint of warmth in the air left over from the day, and the moon was so bright – the middle of this week is the white days, so its almost full. It was really beautiful masha’allah, I really wish we had a balcony big enough to sit on…

Actually it’s been really hard to get back into the swing of things since the uber-extended snow weekend. I’m really felling drained – probably because I’ve become the biggest study-junkie nerd ever. Really, all I do is study, all the time, it’s scary. I have to get back into my routine and I really need to catch up on my vocab insha’allah.

Anyway, so we went fruit shopping again on Friday, which was a lovely adventure. The cab driver took us on this really long drive to the middle of nowhere – when we saw the sign for Jerash we realized that he wasn’t just going the long way, but the WRONG way, which was kind of scary. So we (forcefully) told him to go to the place we wanted and he complied – although made a big show of being all cranky about it – like it was our fault. Anyway, so we got to the market and the fruit was good and cheap and that’s all that matters. Insha’allah tomorrow, along with memorizing two presentations I’ll be trying my hand at tabouli.

Went to the dentist after the exam for a check up – dental is soo cheap here, 5JD (A$10) for the check up. I was really impressed with the dentist to, masha’allah, she was really good. While I was a the dentist, there was obviously some very important person in one of the rooms, because there were about seven big, burly security men (who looked like secret police, or their equivalent) and a photographer (he had a really big professional camera) waiting outside one of the consult rooms, and outside the centre there were soldiers and regular police (all armed with very large guns) – quite odd, although I am getting more used to seeing men in uniforms with big guns in most public places. So, my visit to the dentist earned me a trip to Safeway (because it’s across the road) and I finally found kecap manis *yay* (but still no red chilli) food will actually have taste now!

So as you can tell, there isn’t much to tell. I’ll let y’all know hot I went in the exam (maybe) when we get them back insha’allah. In the meantime, please all make du’a for Allah swt to expand my brain’s capacity to retain information…

Insha’allah everyone is well.

Ma’a salama

No comments: