Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Hayy...Again!

Salam all,

I arrived back in the Hayy yesterday morning after a long, and exhausting flight. Its very warm here, by about 10am its to much to go outside (for me anyway) so I've been busying myself with study and attempting to prepare for the exam I'm meant to sit tomorrow, but will instead sit in a couple of days time.

I've mostly managed to settle into the new appartment which is much nicer than the last one al-hamdoulillah.

This is the guest lounge:




Kitchen (when you go through the dorrway in the above pic its on the right):



My room:






Al-hamdoulillah my bed is much more comfortable than the one in Abu Momo, and I have a proper deak - no more studying on my bed wreaking my back!

We had a few of the girls over for iftar (meal to break the fast in Ramadan) this evening, which was nice because it meant I didn't have to cook. Tomorrow is my day for sorting out my food and stuff. I'm not sure how fasting will go here - I'm drinking about 4.5litres of water a day because I'm so constantly thirsty! Kheir insha'allah.
So that's about it, I think I'm going to settle in early for sleep since washing day is tomorrow and I'm first cab off the rank.

Hope all is well - I'm missing the 20/21 degree weather *sigh*

Much love and ma'a salama

No comments: