Saturday, September 13, 2008

Morning.

Well, I woke up this morning to see a strapping young lad marching down our street in the dark beating a drum and calling everyone to eat suhur (the pre-dawn meal eaten in Ramadan). Rather kind of him I think since he also needs to go eat. The Gas Truck Man is obviously slightly less work-conscious in Ramadan, he's not starting till well after 9am!

I'm beginning to love mornings here - there is the most wonderful breeze ruffling my curtains, but alas it will be gone soon, replaced by semi-oppressive heat that you just can't keep out.

One of my new flatties (i.e. not living with the same girls as before) went to Carrefour yesterday and I am very excited to learn that they have many, many varieties of Soy Milk (and other assorted western items - Rice Biscuits maybe?) on offer. I think I'll go if I can find some time in between all the study I'm supposed to be doing.

I'm still in two minds about what courses I'll actually be taking this quarter, there are two real options:
  1. I take level three skills and grammar (I don't like skills, I don't feel like I really benefit and it really stresses me out - I am simply unable to memorise 50-70words a night)
  2. I take level three grammar and take tajweed (kinda like speech correction)
SO they are the options...Leaning towards option two...

My washing is almost finished and I must study.

Lovely day to all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay back to posting! Alhamdulillah. Bookmarking this blog nnn... now :)

Take care my love.

p.s. take tajweed!!! I love it so much.

love shads