Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ok ok, I know I never finished (or even attempted) to write about most of the traveling at the end of the last trip... I'd like to say I was just "too busy" but that would be a big fat lie. I thin kI just like the way it is in memory better than actually writing it all out (ok I'm lazy, happy?).


So the blogging begins afresh. Its a new adventure this time - meaning a new country that I have not yet set foot in (well actually by the time this is posted this small statement will no longer true). Also, apparently this trip is all about becoming an adult, taking responsibility, holding down a real job (it all sounds so terribly un-fun!) so that means my blog will be terribly boring as well - not much happening when you have to go to work everyday! You have been forewarned!

Presently about 3000kms above the water of some ocean that I am not all together familiar with, watching the sunset magically on the horizon which seems so terribly far away and makes it appear as if you could just sail a little boat right on over there and drop off right off the face of the earth into oblivion. Which, right now seems terribly appealing being that the kid in the row next to me has screamed for most the the five hours I have been glued to my (pretty good) seat (exit row, room to move, no one seated next to me!) and has sullied her nappy in the most foul way imaginable not just once, but TWICE! I have lost count of the number of times I have gagged thus far - at least her grampa is nice and told her mum to chuck out her filthy nappies on the other side of the plane when he saw me struggling for breath.

Moving on. Aside from the headache (already downed the “complimentary” panadol), knawing hunger in my belly and the little shit behind me who has thus far not ceased kicking my chair (it is taking EXTRAORDINARY patience and self-control not to flip out) I am well.


Had a little sooky la-la moment when the plane took off, which I think scared the poor flight attendant (who is remarkably good looking), but am now looking forward to arriving (if only because the closer it comes so does my next meal). So, I’ve had my Apple and Potato Salad with Salmon, followed by the Ricotta Tortellini and topped with a rather delicious Tiramisu and only have a hamper service and light meal to look forward to AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH (sorry more squealing from the child). No surprises, traveling back in cattle/scum class is a depressing experience - I just keep dreaming of a la carte service, a lack of children and fresh brewed coffee. I need to come into some serious money - or flyer miles, this is not a long term solution to my traveling needs!

Anyway, first thing I’ll do when I get through customs and find my new accommodation... Shower. Then, maybe, I’ll go for a walk (yes in the 4am-35 degree-heat), apparently its 3km to Carrefour (supermarket) so perhaps I will stroll all the way there. Or not.


Turbulence has arrived and I have to put my bag away (its presently blocking the emergency exit - opps).

I’ll post this when I find an internet connection (preferably a free one - gotta love the ME), and put up some pics of the new digs when I’ve settled in.


Much love and ma’a salama.


No comments: