Thursday, December 27, 2007

Testing, Testing (1,2,3)…

Had my orientation and test today… The test took me all of two minutes – long enough to look at each set of questions, realise that I had absolutely no idea how to answer any of them, then to walk out and hand it in. My oral test didn’t last mush longer – salaam, how are you, I don’t understand the question. 30 seconds al-hamdoulillah. I guess I’ll be in level one! *mock surprise*

Went to the bank to get money out to pay rent – got out 100JD. Didn’t realize till I got home that I had forgotten to withdraw rent money… Don’t want to have to get a cab back to the bank (only 2 accept my card). **do’h*blonde moment**

Going to Ajlun tomorrow insha’allah so maybe I’ll have some interesting pics.

Can you believe it’s taken me 5 days to find a garlic crusher – which apparently don’t exist here so I had to settle for a mortar and pestle, just try crushing garlic with one and see how you go! *hmph* Oh, Umm Abdullah: I made the recipe you gave me tonight, except that when I took out my chicken I found it was off, so I had to use chickpeas. It was really good al-hamdoulillah except that I put so much garlic it burned my mouth! Oh and Umm Khadija: you would hate it here, nowhere sells red chillis – not the big ones, not the small ones… NO CHILLI!

Ma'a salama

No comments: